I am positive that I'm not alone in my excitement towards the upcoming WrestleMania 28 PPV. I only have a few days left of work before I pack up some shorts and head to Florida. Miami, here I come. Are cut off jean shorts still cool?
It's a week away! Can you believe I started this blog almost a year ago? Wow. So, what happens to the blog AFTER WrestleMania? Nothing! It stays here. It will get a name change, and a design alter because I have some 'bigger' plans for this site but the core blog will remain and you can follow my opinionated ramblings on all things WWE for years to come! Years to come!
Because WrestleMania is only a week away, what a better time than now to break down the proposed card and give some opinions? Let's do this!
The Rock vs John Cena
- What can I say here? This is the match. We all wanted it and we got it. The build up has been interesting. The Rock seemed off the first few weeks but now he seems to be in full force and Cena is no slouch either offering some of his finest promos in recent memory. But, whatever... the build up doesn't even matter. I just want to see The Rock and John Cena beat the living daylights (WWE Facebook quote right there) out of each other.
Hell in a Cell - Triple H vs Undertaker w/ Shawn Michaels as Special Guest Referee
- Gee Golly. That's a lot of gimmicks, huh? Hell in a Cell, and a special ref? Well, okay... if you say so Tripley H. I'm excited for this match, I ain't going to sit here and tell fibs. I've never seen a Hell in a Cell match in person and that all changes very soon. I haven't really enjoyed the promos. They seem so forced, and poorly written... or something. Just off. I get why they added HBK to this match but I feel like it's not necessary. The Cell was enough gimmick. My prediction is that Undertaker is victorious but in a decisive fashion as he was when he beat HBK at WrestleMania 26. It will give fans hope that Undertaker is not a battered up old man as WrestleMania 27 might have left you thinking.
WWE Championship: CM Punk vs Chris Jericho
- Awww yeah! This is gonna be the best match on the card. Maybe not for the hype, atmosphere or grandeur like Rock vs Cena BUT the wrestling will be off the charts. I am expecting a lot here and I hope that doesn't bog down these two top notch performers. There feud has recently gotten a lot more personal as Jericho has brought Punk's beliefs and family into the picture and to me that was a great move. It reminds me of Jericho's 2008 feud with HBK. I hope Punk/Jericho continue their feud into Extreme Rules - ladder match, please?
World Heavyweight Championship - Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus
- This should be a good match but I feel like the writing behind the feud has been lackluster. Even Cody/Show has more personality than this feud. I think there is a good chance that AJ turns on Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania ala Linda McMahon and 'wakes up' from her odd relationship. Sheamus, no doubt will win the belt... unless WWE have realized that everyone is thinking this... but Sheamus should win the belt. Time to enforce the Rumble win as a threat.
Randy Orton vs Kane
- I don't understand why Ryder had to get the shaft. To me, Kane vs Ryder wrote itself for a WrestleMania undercard match but instead WWE went with Orton vs Kane. I get it though. Orton is super over and fans want to see him. He needs a foil and everyone else was kind of busy. Cue Kane. Orton wins here. Kane the big red jobber has returned. Welcome back, my friend. Cute mask.
Team Teddy (Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Santino Marella, ???, ???, ???) vs Team Johnny (David Otunga, Christian, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, ???)
- This was a really good idea. A big 12 man match to get all the talent on the WrestleMania card. We still have some spots to fill on both teams. I believe after SmackDown this week, we will have 1 spot on each team and rumours are swirling that Big Daddy V is heading back to WWE for 'Mania. So he possibly could fit onto Team Johnny. Will the Miz get a spot? Is this how he fits into WrestleMania? Not sure, but I hope WWE pull out some surprise teammates for this match.
Intercontinental Championship - Cody Rhodes vs Big Show
- This feud has actually got me on board. The promos showing Big Show's most embarrassing moments have been great and this past week on RAW Cody let loose on a handcuffed Big Show, he used boxing gloves and punched the shit out of him. Nice stuff. I really hope Cody wins the match but somehow I feel like WWE have set this up for a Big Show win as they have made it clear that he hasn't done to well at WrestleMania in the past. Cross Rhodes on Show could very well be a memorable 'Mania moment.
Wherever they go here, I feel like Big Show needs some changes in 2012. The guy is majorly stale. He could do a heel turn and pair up with Lord Tensai.
Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos vs. Divas Champion Beth Phoenix & Eve
- Here we get a Divas match featuring a celebrity... not sure what to think here but I'm sure whatever the outcome WWE will be happy with me for dropping a bunch of money at the concession stand.
So that's the card so far. What does that leave? The Miz! Yeah, he still doesn't have a place on the show but I assume WWE are going to use him. My idea for him involves him coming out and issuing an angry open challenge to anyone. Out waddles The Funkasaurus. The Miz actually gives Brodus his first 'real' match and eventually The Miz falls to the big man.
What else are we missing? Well, we don't have much celebrity this year. I thought Shaq was going to appear? But, really they say that EVERY year. They being those dirty sheet dwellers. Still, Shaq could very well come out with Big Show, I think that could work well. Oh, I forgot we go have a couple singers performing both Cena and Rock's entrances. That should be cool.
There we have it. Just over a week away and my excitement is climbing! Don't let me down WWE! But with this card, the performers just have to show up and it should be awesome!